GameSpy Emulation for Star Wars Battlefront 2 Not Working on PS2

Does one of your favorite games no longer work? Post a request here to get your game revived!

Moderators: Support, Moderators

Mike

GameSpy Emulation for Star Wars Battlefront 2 Not Working on PS2

Post by Mike » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:00 pm

Hello everyone, recently a workaround for SWBF2's GameSpy shutdown from was shutdown. We have been using this workaround since July 2014, when GameSpy shutdown, until May 31st, when it too was shutdown. It was called GameMaster and it worked very similarly to how qtracker does. By changing the primary DNS number in the PS2s network configuration settings, it retrieved a different master server list.

I found out about you guys recently and I have tried your Primary DNS number of 63.239.170.150

However it does not seem to be fully operational. It does allow me to create a server from my PS2 (also known as a 4-man). It sometimes says "Host registration failed" but it usually works and the 4-man will stay up. However other players are not able to see created servers on the server list, and I cannot see theirs either. When attempting to fetch the server list the screen sits on "Busy 0%". When I tested other workarounds in 2014 prior to GameSpy shutdown, like OpenSpy for example, the "Busy 0%" was an indication that workaround wasn't working.

I would greatly appreciate if you guys could look into this. Also would a wireshark capture of what is happening be helpful to you guys? I have one from May 2014 which was from when GameSpy was up and running just fine. I could make one for what qtracker is doing and you guys could compare them if that would help. Just let me know and I can get it.

Mike

Re: GameSpy Emulation for Star Wars Battlefront 2 Not Working on PS2

Post by Mike » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:24 pm

Bump. SWBF2 is still not functional on this workaround to my knowledge. Can you guys make changes to support it?

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:21 am

Sony's DNAS servers seem to be down now.

If you guys get around to fixing your support for this game, I think you will need these addresses in your DNS server:

gate1.jp.dnas.playstation.org 149.56.101.45
gate1.us.dnas.playstation.org 167.114.40.5
gate1.eu.dnas.playstation.org 167.114.40.4

ron.mercer
Site Admin

Post by ron.mercer » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:25 pm

Mike wrote:Sony's DNAS servers seem to be down now.

If you guys get around to fixing your support for this game, I think you will need these addresses in your DNS server:

gate1.jp.dnas.playstation.org 149.56.101.45
gate1.us.dnas.playstation.org 167.114.40.5
gate1.eu.dnas.playstation.org 167.114.40.4
Mike, I've update the DNS servers with the new ips. If you want to send over wireshark dumps to me, please do I'll review them and compare.

Thanks.
Ron Mercer
Qtracker

[imgrontr][/imgrontr][imgrontd]http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/p ... M-Ohio.png[/imgrontd][imgrontd]https://www.mygamerprofile.net/card/one ... DMohio.png[/imgrontd]

Mike

Post by Mike » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:04 pm

Thank you so much for the response! I am not with my PS2 right now but I will be later tonight and I will get you those captures.

I have an old one from 2014 which was captured when GameSpy was still up and running like normal. I will get one using the trackers DNS and that way you can compare them to find the problem.